“Pestilence” on a Global Scale: a Sign of End Times?
As we are in “tumultuous times”, with …
- The entire globe of nations struggling with a a global pandemic – The Coronavirus (Covid-19)
- Protests and violent demonstrations in many countries around the globe
- Enforced isolation upon people, due to governments imposing restrictions on travel and free movement
- Deprivation of basic freedoms in many countries
… with many of the opinion that the difficulties the world is going through could in fact be “signs of the end times” (as predicted in the Bible), I am doing a research project on End Times, along with a supporting article on each of these “signs” that Jesus (and others) spoke about in the Bible.
Last week I posted an article on “Lawlessness: a Sign of End Times”. This week I added an article on “Pestilence: a Sign of the End Times”. According to vocabulary,com, “pestilence is defined as a deadly and overwhelming disease that affects an entire community. The Black Plague, a disease that killed over thirty percent of Europe’s population, was certainly a pestilence. Pestilence is also one of the four Horseman of the Apocalypse in the book of Revelation, so it is certain to explode during the last 7 years of history, or the Tribulation.
The table below provides a list of the major epidemics/pandemics (plagues) just during the last century, and it is clear from the data in this table that in the last few centuries we have seen an alarming increase in worldwide epidemics and pandemics, with some resulting in millions of lives lost:
- 2019 – Covid-19 – Worldwide – 452,394 deaths
- 2017 – Flu epidemic – United States – 61,000 deaths
- 2013-16 – Ebola – Worldwide, primarily Africa – 11,323 deaths
- 2009-10 – Influenza A H1N1 – Worldwide 284,000 deaths
- 1981 – HIV Aids – Worldwide – 35 million deaths
- 1968-70 – Hong Kong Flu -Worldwide H3N2 – 1-4 million deaths
- 1957-58 – Influenza A H2N2 – Worldwide – 1-4 million deaths
- 1918-22 – Typhoid – Eussia – 2.5 million deaths
- 1918 – Spanish Flu – H1N1 – Worldwide – 60 million deaths
- 1915 – Encephalitus -Worldwide – 1.5 million deaths
- 1899-1923 – Cholera – Europe, Africa, Asia – 800,000 deaths
Here is a chart from the World Health Organization which illustrates, just over the period from 1957 – 1997 the increase in global “pestilence”:
The full article provides supporting data of all the epidemics and pandemics that have been recorded over the last 2,000 years, and it is clear that the frequency and impact of “global pestilences” has been on the increase – especially during the last century. >> Read the full article for all the detail, and then ask yourself – could this really be evidence for the increase in “pestilences” preceding the “end times”, as spoken about by Jesus? If so, what does that mean for you?