“Another typical American kid” carries out a senseless attack upon Marines in Tennessee. He seemed so normal. We have no idea what motivated him. He was so kind and gentle.
The popular media is not reporting the facts when it comes to this week’s mass shooting of marines in Tennessee. This was a mass killing by what appears to be a person caught up in Islamic Jihad – a cold blooded murder of American military personnel. The media is reporting that “this is a domestic terrorist attack”, by a “typical American kid”.
This was a domestic “Islamic terrorist” attack, by an American youth who traveled to the Middle East last year over the span over several months, had numerous firearms in his possession, and was blogging about jihad, and “how time is short”.
The evidence thus far shows that:
1. The suspect went to Jordan last year, and spent “several months” in the Middle East. Its not clear which other countries he visited, but it is possible he visited Syria, or Iraq, taking part in terrorist training. This is still being investigated.
2. Just days before the attacks, Abdulazeez began a blog that included references to life as a “prison” of monotony and superficiality — urging the study of the Koran as a path to add meaning. He looked back to the early days of Islam, noting that the contemporaries of the prophet Muhammad “fought jihad for the sake of Allah.”
3. FBI agent Ed Reinhold said Abdulazeez had “numerous weapons,” but did not give further details. “We will treat this as a terrorism investigation until it can be determined it was not,” he said.
4. Abdulazeez was born in Kuwait but moved with his family to the United States as an infant after the start of the Persian Gulf War
5. The SITE Intelligence Group, which tracks extremist groups, said that Abdulazeez blogged on Monday that “life is short and bitter” and Muslims should not miss an opportunity to “submit to Allah.”
The challenge for investigators is that “Public records indicate that he had no criminal history aside from vehicle-related offenses (a DUI), including an arrest in April. Be that as it may, report the facts media, not spin.
Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/gunman-in-marine-slayings-described-life-as-prison-days-before-rampage/2015/07/17/86d1f988-2c67-11e5-a250-42bd812efc09_story.html
Fox News: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/17/reports-chattanooga-gunman-was-kuwaiti-born-but-spent-formative-years-in-us/